- Go to Messages and click on New.
- Click on the drop-down in the From field, to select the sender address, for which you would like to use the associated key pair to sign that email.
- After composing your message, click on the drop-down over the Send button.
- Click on Sign & Send.
- In case if you have multiple OpenPGP key pairs/Personal keys corresponding to the sender address, then you will be prompted to choose the one that you would like to use to sign your message.
- Enter your OpenPGP key pair/Personal key passphrase and click on OK. You have sent an OpenPGP signed email.
Mailfence does not allow signing emails using revoked/expired OpenPGP key pairs/Personal keys.
The recipient will need to have your OpenPGP public key to be able to validate your digital signature. You can share your OpenPGP public key by email.