- Go to Settings > Messages > Encryption and click on your OpenPGP key pair under My Personal key.
- Click on Generate a revocation certificate.
- Enter your OpenPGP key pair passphrase and click on OK.
- You can Download it locally OR Save it your Mailfence Documents. In any case, keep it on the safest digital storage that you have. It will allow you to revoke your Personal Key in case of forgotten passphrase or key-compromised situation and let people know that you no longer use this key pair.
- After you saving your OpenPGP key pair revocation certificate, click on Close.
Note: ACT IMMEDIATELY IF YOUR OpenPGP KEY PAIR/PERSONAL KEY GETS COMPROMISED.
If you lose your private key (or doesn’t want to use it anymore) or it has been compromised, it’s important to revoke it immediately before someone else uses it to read your encrypted data or forge your digital identity. Also, after you’re done revoking it, send an email to all of your contacts and let them know that you don’t use that key anymore and (if possible) provide them your new public key as well.