We do not have any specific recommendations regarding any suggested XMPP Client (nor do we endorse or take any responsibility in terms of their security/privacy). Thus, you can use any XMPP of your choice under following configuration settings:
Username: username Domain: mailfence.com Server: xmpp.contactoffice.com Connection port: 5222
However, to facilitate your use of Mailfence account on external tools/apps, here are some of the common third-party tools/apps that you can use based on your needs:
End-to-end encrypted (group) chat using OMEMO protocol (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OMEMO):
- Gajim (https://gajim.org) for GNU/Linux, MacOS and Windows.
- Pidgin (http://pidgin.im) with OTR plugin (https://otr.cypherpunks.ca/) for GNU/Linux, MacOS and Windows.
- Conversations (https://conversations.im) for Android.
- ChatSecure (https://chatsecure.org/) for iOS.
All of the necessary connection settings can be found in your Mailfence by following those steps below.
1. Account Settings
2. Account -> My connection settings
Concerning the app/tool specific instructions of setting up your Mailfence account, please refer to the manual/user-guide of the respective app/tool you are using.